Monday, May 10, 2010

MMMM! Best Banana Muffins Ever!

Last week I caught the banana special at the local grocery store... Well, this week they're getting a bit on the black side, so thought I'd whip up some muffins.... WOW.....  Truly the best and easiest banana muffin recipe ever! 
I simply went to google and typed in 'Best Banana Muffins' and this is what I found......Cat Can Cook! 

So.... Here's the recipe!
Banana Muffins (makes 12 muffins)
(With my alterations, this recipe makes 8 regular muffins and 4 large!) 
3 or 4 Large bananas, mashed (the more bananas the moister, so I use 4)  OK So, Cat said 4 & Rhonda say's 5!! MORE is better!!

1/2 cup white sugar (original recipe calls for 1 cup, but I don’t like them too sweet) - I agree with Cat - 1/2 cup white sugar!

1 slightly beaten egg  (I used a large brown shelled egg - only kind my chix lay!)

1/3 cup melted margarine or butter (butter only here!)

I put the bananas, sugar egg and butter together and mixed well with mixer then set aside while I mixed the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 cups flour

In a separate bowl, mix together baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour.

Mix wet and dry ingredients slightly together with a wooden spoon!

Pour into greased muffin tins, and bake in 350 degrees F oven for approximately 20 minutes.

*These are much more flavorful the next day, and they freeze very nicely too!

ENJOY!!

No comments: